Highly Effective FDA Approved Weight-Loss Pills
Advice for Consumers
Generally, if you are using or considering using any product marketed as a dietary supplement, FDA suggests that you
- Check with your health care professional or a registered dietitian about any nutrients you may need in addition to your regular diet
- Ask your health care professional for help distinguishing between reliable and questionable information
- Ask yourself if it sounds too good to be true
- Be cautious if the claims for the product seem exaggerated or unrealistic.
- Watch out for extreme claims such as “quick and effective” or “totally safe.”
- Be skeptical about anecdotal information from personal “testimonials” about incredible benefits or results obtained from using a product.
If you suspect a dietary supplement sold online may be illegal, FDA urges you to report that information online. You or your health care professional can also report an illness or injury you believe to be related to the use of a dietary supplement by calling 1-800-FDA-1088 or visiting FDA online.